SOAK IT IN. MARINATING WITH MALBEC MADE EASY FOR ANYONE.
A great cut of meat doesn’t need much. Some olive oil, a pinch of coarse salt and a couple of turns of freshly cracked pepper and that meat is ready for the grill. Sometimes, though, it’s the tougher cuts that don't have a lot of fat marbling that need a little TLC. For those times, you'll want to go into marinade mode. A proper marinade gives you a welcome flavor boost and heightens the cut to a new level of tender. To give your steak maximum flavor while increasing its tenderness, look no further than our Malbec Marinade.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Don Miguel Gascón Malbec
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large plastic food storage bag or a bowl. Seal the bag and give it a good shake to mix together.
- Use a knife to make small slits on each side of the meat to help with marinade penetration – and to speed up the process.
- Place the meat in the bag or bowl, immersing it in the marinade, then put it in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before placing on the grill.
It’s as easy as that! Of course, feel free to experiment, and tweak the recipe to fit your tastes or to match the meal you're serving – keeping in mind the small amount of vinegar (or other acid) is the most necessary component. That's what's going to help increase your steak's tenderness.
The Malbec in the marinade is, of course, key. When you pour a glass of Gascón to accompany the meal, you'll find that a perfect harmony exists between drink and dish.