Do-It-Yourself: Wine Barrel Sinks
For the real wine lovers out there, we have a creative weekend project for you… wine barrel sinks. Show off your affinity for wine by repurposing a used barrel as your new sink vanity. It will instantly add a cool factor to the look of your bathroom, grilling patio, or cleanup area. Here’s a DIY guide to make it happen.
Materials needed: Wine barrel, sink, faucet, water hookups, drain
Hardware and tools needed: Jigsaw, drill, screws, silicon, measuring tape, small door latch
- Find a wine barrel. Wineries may have them available for sale. Used ones can also be found online, often for less than $100.
- Choose a sink and a faucet to use on the barrel top.
- Secure the metal rings around the barrel by drilling screws into them and into the wood staves.
- Create an opening on one side of the barrel for the water access and drain by using a jigsaw. (Save the wood from the cut to create a door for this opening by using a latch)
- Measure or trace the sink & faucet you chose and cut an opening on the barrel. Use the jigsaw once again to cut out an opening.
- Place and secure the sink & faucet into the barrel with nails and silicon.
- Attach water hookups and a drain inside the barrel to the sink and faucet.
- Lastly, connect it to your water source and test it out!
For some more detail around the steps, make sure to check out this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-a-wine-barrel-into-an-outdoor-sink/?ALLSTEPS
After this weekend project, celebrate by inviting guests over for some wine. As people use the sink, you’ll be sure to get countless compliments on a job well done.