Layers of complexity unfold with ripe notes of blackberry and plum framed by hints of brown spice. Well-structured with round tannins, this wine culminates in a long finish.
Grape Variety: 97% Malbec, 3% Petit Verdot
Region: Agrelo and Uco Valley
The grapes for our Don Miguel Gascón Reserva Malbec were harvested by hand in the early morning hours in mid to late April from the high elevation vineyards of Altamira, Agrelo and Tupungato, then crushed and cold soaked for 72 to 96 hours. The juice maintained contact with the skins for up to three weeks through the end of fermentation, which occurred in upright conical tanks at 85°F for six days. Malolactic fermentation was completed prior to racking and aging. Sixty-five percent of the wine was aged for 15 months in a combination of medium toast French and American oak barriques.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2010 Don Miguel Gascon Malbec Reserve – 89 Points, Wine Spectator, June 2013
- 2010 Don Miguel Gascon Malbec Reserve – 90 Points, Wine Review Online.com, March 2013
- 2011 Don Miguel Gascon Malbec Reserve – 89 Points, The Wine Advocate, April 2014
- 2011 Don Miguel Gascon Malbec Reserve – 89 Points, International Wine Cellar, March 2014
- 2015 Don Miguel Gascon Malbec Reserve - 90 Points, James Suckling